Sunday 18 November 2012

THANK YOU

Last night were the Pitney Bowes Sport New Brunswick awards in Fredericton. I was selected as a finalist for the President's award, which is an award for someone who represents the future of New Brunswick in sport. I was up against two very deserving candidates a very talented swimmer who I have competed against and a baseball player who had a no hit pitching season. Luckily I came out on top.

This summer I raced three extremely high caliber races against the best junior triathletes in the summer and I was fortunate enough to place 16th in Magog, 10th in Ottawa and 8th at Junior Nationals in Kelowna. These races were the reason I received this award but it is also belongs to Triathlon New Brunswick. Without Tri NB I would never have been able to fly out west or go to Arizona in March to prepare for the races. They have given me the support I have needed as an elite athlete and I cannot thank them enough.

I have many people to thank for the season that I had this year, and the seasons to come. The list is so long that I could note write it out. My friends, family, local shops, my coaches and all of my training partners have contributed to my success. My training partners in the pool, on the track or on the road give me the motivation when I am tired and the excitement to come to practice and perform my best.

This award represents the growth of triathlon as a sport in New Brunswick. Cheers to Tri NB for putting all of the time, funding and energy into our junior. We are the future of triathlon, but this sport is expensive and we cannot do it without you.

Thank you, to everyone who has helped me and will continue to help me in the future. I really appreciate it!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment