Thursday 30 May 2013

Support Crew

Hi guys,

I don't think you've ever realized how much it means to have a good support crew backing you up. Of course your training partners and coaches want you to succeed but I'm talking about more than that.


I'm talking about the teachers that have let me go to training camps and miss weeks of school at a time. Those teachers have supported me in a way no one could and they showed that they believe in me by allowing me to pass assignments in a little late or change test days for a swim meet or training camp. 

I'm talking about my family that has always backed me up and believed in me. The pressure is always on in my family with my brother being a talented cyclist and exceptional student, my father being the physiotherapist everyone wants to see and my mother also in the sport of triathlon has won her age group twice at Ironman races and placed fourth in her age group at Ironman worlds. But the pressure is good, the pressure makes me want to succeed. It almost feels like it's not even close to pressure because it's so positive in our family. My immediate family and extended family have supported me from the start and I truly appreciate it!

My support crew has so many people in it. If I tried naming everyone in it, I'd miss more than a few so I'm not going to try and name names. I have so many friends, teachers, older athletes and mentors that support me. My support crew is always there when I need it. Thanks guys!  

Although, your support crew isn't always there for you at every race or every training day. They are the people that are there for you when you need them even if they aren't on the sideline cheering you on. I want to thank everyone that has supported me in chasing my dreams. I truly appreciate all of the work you have put into me. Take time to thank the people in your life that have made a difference in shaping you as a person or an athlete.

My dad and I on father's day 2011. First and only race we've done together!

No comments:

Post a Comment