Sunday 15 November 2015

Pursu it Campaign

First of all I want to say thank you to everyone that has supported my campaign so far. I put a lot of work into it and so did most of the people surrounding me. The video was done faster than I could've asked for by my roommate and friend Maddy McMillan, and I cannot thank her enough. Holly McKay did my amazing logo to represent my New Brunswick roots. Christian Gallant took the amazing picture displayed on the pursu.it home page. A lot went into this campaign and so far I'm very pleased with what I've received.




It is great to know that New Brunswick is supporting me as much as they as. Everyone back home has supported me with notes and has been cheering for my whole career but now they are giving me money to support my dream. This is absolutely amazing for my finances but the comments are also making my training days better. It's been very motivating knowing I have so many people behind me during this campaign. Every donation is taking me one step closer to my dream.

Another offer that has developed during my campaign is one from Energy Lab Wheels. They have offered to give $250 directly to me and my campaign for EVERY single wheel set sold throughout the next 29 days. They are an amazing Canadian company that sponsors national team athletes like Andrew Yorke and the Forbes twins who went 1 and 2 at under 23 nationals. 
http://energy-lab-sports.mybigcommerce.com/sport-development-fund/



If you're wondering WHY? Why should I support this kid? Well I can't convince you all but take ten minutes to watch this video. I'm not raising funds because I want to profit by any means. All of this money will be going towards my racing and training. I will not get to the Olympics without funding because you WILL NOT get carded in Canada until you are at the very top. That means until I get there my travel expenses, coaching fees, training camps and gear are coming out of my pocket. I get support from the province and from Triathlon New Brunswick but my budget is $20000 PER YEAR. It is going to take a lot of work and dedication, which I am willing and able to do; but I hope that money is not going to become the limiting factor in me ultimately getting to the top. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Tf654IJ0H4 

Thanks again to everyone that has helped and make sure to check out the campaign in the link below (and don't forget to check out the givebacks section, there's something in it for you too):
https://www.pursu.it/pursuit/campaign/147 

Thanks to Human Performance Centre, The Radical Edge, Nineteen Wetsuits, C3, Aberdeen Subaru, Triathlon New Brunswick and all of the people that have been supporting me as I pursue my dreams. The campaign still has 29 days so make sure to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment